Hi there income streamers!
As many of you know, I’m a passionate track athlete. One thing I love about track is the permanence of every step forward – if you can run a 60 second 400 in a workout, you can immediately attempt a 59 second 400, and then a 58, and so on. It may take a quite a while to get down to your next goal – and in fact, if things don’t go right you may even slow down before getting there. But mentally, knowing you ran that 60 second lap once, allows you to know you can squeeze just a little more speed out on your next attempt – and that extra push can make all the difference when it comes down to the last lap of a mile.
I also like to push my finances in the same way! I find that issuing myself “challenges”, and then allowing them to become part of my normal routine, and then pushing the envelope a little more on the next challenge, helps me really turbocharge my saving and my earning. As a result, I’ve got a challenge for all my income streamers that starts right now.
Earn an extra $50 this week. I don’t care if you’re already earning $10,000 a week, or are living in your parents’ basement hanging out. I promise there’s some way to squeeze in an extra $50 income, and I will be attempting to do this alongside you guys as well!
For me, I’ve got a couple ideas on how I might make an extra fifty:
- I’ve been looking at some of the bank account bonuses at doctorofcredit – this may knock out my entire fifty if I can find one that has a low minimum deposit.
- If that fails, I may try to pick up an extra 5 hours at my side job cashiering. But that’s pretty boring, and I like to have creative earning methods to report back on.
- Plan C is to combine a lot of the phone and earning methods I’ve recommended – if I can earn two dollars with QMEE, withdraw some of the lockscreen earnings I’ve made, and withdraw some ebesucher earnings, I bet I could knock out about $30 of income right there.
- I’ll probably rummage through my room for items I can sell on Craigslist – I doubt I have anything given my generally anti-clutter attitude, but I’ll be sure to look around!
- Lastly, I will probably give some survey sites a whirl – I’d love to hear any suggestions on other sites to try!
And what do I want you all to do with this extra income, you may be wondering? Make it work for you! Every dollar you earn can be converted into a little income stream of its own, whether that’s through stock investing like I wrote about two days ago, or by buying items that will save you money in the long run, like efficient light bulbs or a Kindle.
As always, stay earning streamers, and feel free to comment here throughout the week on your progress with the challenge!